Thursday, March 7, 2024

It’s Been Awhile

Donated to the Boatman Family auction and now in the collection of 
Dr. & Mrs. Phil Jackson.
Donated to the Kendall Ferrell Auction and Benefit.
Now in the collection of Greg and Stacy Cravens.

I have not posted in awhile - almost ten years! That’s a stretch of the words “in awhile”! During that time, there have been a few art projects here and there. I was privileged to teach children’s art to foster kids and other kiddos, as well as teach a couple of watercolor classes for adults. An illustration course through School of Visual Storytelling was a highlight for me to receive instruction in their Children’s Book Pro course, where we practiced our versions of known illustrations and learned how to develop our own characters, too. Currently, I am working on a children’s book and hired a fabulous young illustrator to help fulfill my vision of the characters and story.

My first Procreate efforts for Children’s Book Pro digital art practice 
inspired from the book Swashby and the Sea by Beth Ferry

A project for my watercolor students in one of my classes at 
The Artmakers’ Studio in Sulphur Springs.

Another project for my watercolor classes at The Artmakers’ Studio.
My digital art rendition practice for CBPro inspired by the characters in
Toot and Puddle by Hollie Hobby.

A handful of 150 hand-painted bookmarks for a local
women’s prayer breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment